Ukulele Strumming 202 met for 18 (2-hour) classes on the 1st and 3rd Wednesdays of the month in 2019 and played 44 songs. Some students also enrolled in Advanced ‘Ukulele classes on alternate Wednesdays. Students received emailed song sheets to print out and place in a binder with a new curriculum of approximately 10 songs every quarter. Outside of class, students could play along to audio recordings of those song arrangements on my website and then have more fun in class. We also played some of the songs during my monthly Sing-Along with Mele Fong series. Here is the song list for 2019:
January – March (4 classes)
- NEW Getting To Know You – I Wanna Rest – E-4 chords.
- NEW Hey Good Lookin’ – Hum Ding-Ah – F-7 chords.
- NEW I Whistle a Happy Tune – Hum Ding-Ah – F-6 chords.
- NEW King of the Road – Hum Ding-Ah – F-3 chords.
- NEW Kula Morning – Latin – C-9 chords.
- NEW Maui Waltz – 2 Waltz – D-4 chords.
- NEW Molokai Nui A Hina – Hum Ding-Ah – F-5 chords.
- NEW Take Me Home Country Roads – Hum Ding-Ah – C-5 chords.
- NEW Ulupalakua – Olapa – F-9 chords.
- NEW Wahine Holo Lio – I Wanna Rest/Pick in 4 – Dm & C-6 chords.
April – June (5 classes)
- NEW Can’t Help Falling in Love With You – Morse Code Variation – C-5 chords
- NEW Days of My Youth – Latin – C-9 chords.
- NEW E Huli – ‘Ōlapa – C&F-8 chords.
- NEW Hapa Haole Hula Girl – Hum Ding-Ah – C – 9 chords.
- NEW Kuu Home o Kahaluu – Latin – D-7 chords.
- NEW Lovely Hula Hands – I Wanna Rest – C-6 chords.
- NEW May Day Is Lei Day – Hum Ding-Ah – G-5 chords.
- NEW My Yellow Ginger Lei – I Wanna Rest – F-10 chords.
- NEW Oh What a Beautiful Morning – 2 Waltz – F-10 chords.
- NEW Song of Old Hawaii – Swing – C-5 chords.
July – September (5 classes)
- NEW Blue Suede Shoes – Hum Ding-Ah – C-3 chords.
- Repeat (from last quarter) Days of My Youth – Latin – C-9 chords.
- NEW Henehene Kou Aka – I Wanna Rest – F-8 chords.
- NEW In The Still Of The Night – I Wanna Rest/4And Strum – F-7 chords.
- Repeat (from last quarter) Kuu Home o Kahaluu – Latin – D-7 chords.
- NEW Medley: Kilakika O Haleakalā/No Ka Pueo – C&F – 8 chords.
- NEW Medley: La Bamba/Twist & Shout – Latin – C-3 chords.
- NEW Medley: Maui Waltz/Pua Lilia – 2 Waltz Strums – D & F – 11 chords.
- NEW On The Beach at Waikiki – Hum Ding-Ah – C&F – 7 chords.
- NEW Peggy Sue – Tom Tom – C-3 chords.
- Repeat (from 2018) Proud Mary – Tom Tom – C-6 chords.
- NEW Rock Around the Clock – Hum Ding-Ah – C-3 chords.
October – December (4 classes) preparation for the Christmas Party in this order of playing:
- Jingle Bells – Hum Ding-Ah – C-6 chords (new ¾ time verses only).
- Silver Bells – Waltz – F-4 chords.
- Feliz Navidad – Latin – F-3 chords.
- White Christmas – I Wanna Rest and Latin – G-7 chords.
- Mele Kalikimaka Ia Oe – Hum Ding-Ah – F-4 chords.
- Silent Night – Pick in 6 – F-5 chords.
- Hawaiian Santa – I Wanna Rest and 4And – C-6 chords.
- Holly Jolly Christmas – Hum Ding-Ah – G-7 chords.
- The Christmas Song – Pick in 4 – G-10 chords.
- Mele Kalikimaka – Hum Ding-Ah – D-7 chords.
- We Wish You a Merry Christmas – 2 Waltz – C-7 chords.
- Hawaii Aloha – Morse Code – C-5 chords.
Onward to 2020 and to more fun playing music together the Ukulele Mele Way! Visit Ukulele Strumming 202 class webpage >>
Aloha, Mele Fong aka Ukulele Mele