The new song list for the July-September quarter has been announced for my ‘Ukulele Strumming 202 class that meets at Kaunoa Senior Center for adults 55 and better in Maui. We will be playing a mix of ten old and new songs for the quarter of July – September with five classes scheduled on the first and third Wednesdays of the month starting July 17.
Some students are also in my Advanced ‘Ukulele class who have been with me since class began in January 2009. They have had many years to learn my unique method of forming ‘ukulele chords with minimal muscle strain and strumming rhythm patterns taught by no one else.
Students receive the song sheets by email to print and bring to class or refer to on their digital device (small tablets). Outside of class, students can play along to the audio recordings for each of the songs on my website. We enjoy playing our ‘ukulele and singing Hawaiian, hapa haole, pop, and jazz songs together. Anyone can listen to the audio recordings at my online Fan Club page.
Here is the song list with the name of strum, key, and number of chords:
- Blue Suede Shoes – Hum Ding-Ah – C-3 chords
- Days of My Youth – Latin – C-9 chords
- Henehene Kou Aka – I Wanna Rest – F-8 chords
- In The Still Of The Night – I Wanna Rest/4And Strum – F-7 chords
- Kuu Home o Kahaluu – Latin – D-7 chords
- Medley: Kilakika O Haleakalā/No Ka Pueo – C and F – 8 chords
- Medley: La Bamba/Twist & Shout – Latin – C-3 chords
- Medley: Maui Waltz/Pua Lilia – 2 Waltz Strums – D and F – 11 chords
- On The Beach at Waikiki – Hum Ding-Ah – C and F – 7 chords
- Peggy Sue – Tom Tom – C-3 chords
- Proud Mary – Tom Tom – C-6 chords
- Rock Around the Clock – Hum Ding-Ah – C-3 chords
For information about our ukulele performing groups:
- Maui Ukulele Pops Band – students from Advanced ‘Ukulele class
- Maui Ukulele Jazz Trio – master student with my husband and I
- The Hawaiian Serenaders – professional duo of my husband and I
Aloha, Mele Fong aka Ukulele Mele