Continuing class plays the Ukulele Mele Way
We took a class photo above on the first day of class in 2020 on January 15. Sitting: Emi, Alma, Lynn, Sally, and Lorraine. Standing: Rich, Peggy, Charles, Doug, David, Andy, Les, Lee Ann, and Mele. Missing: Eileen and Apo.
Some of us started in July 2011 with the fourth (and last) Ukulele Beyond the Basics 6-month class and then began in the first ‘Ukulele Strumming 202 class in February 2012 . Cheers to continued fun playing music together!
SONGS (new arrangements each quarter)
- Song sheets – PDF attachments of new songs are emailed to students on the Sunday before the first class of the quarter with later revisions sent as needed.
- Audio recordings – MP3 files by The Hawaiian Serenadersare available on “Mele’s Music” page on this website.
- Video lessons – Visit Mele’s YouTube Channel for lessons on how to play some songs the Ukulele Mele Way.
- Video stories – Visit Mele’s YouTube Channel for stories behind the songs for some songs.
ARCHIVES OF SONGS
2019 – Summary of songs
MEMORABLE MOMENTS – CLICK ON THE PHOTO for the story behind it
- Kaunoa Archives >> Summaries of Mele’s classes since 2009
- Kaunoa Testimonials >> Student feedback on Mele’s classes and teaching style
ARCHIVES OF CLASSES
- Advanced Ukulele >> Continuing class plays the Ukulele Mele Way
- Christmas at Kaunoa >> Annual Ukulele Mele Party and Sing-Along
- Hawaiian History >> Classes by a Native Hawaiian about Hawai’i
- Sing-Along with Mele Fong >> Classes to sing and play ‘ukulele
- Ukulele Beyond the Basics >> First four ‘ukulele courses at Kaunoa 2009-2011
- Ukulele Strumming 202 >> Continuing class plays the Ukulele Mele Way
SOCIAL MEDIA (stay connected)