Join us on Thursday, April 6 from 10 a.m. – noon for my monthly Sing-Along with Mele Fong series at Kaunoa Senior Center for adults 55 and better. This month’s theme is Kauai Songs. Ukulele players are invited to bring their instruments and play along as we learn to sing 8 Hawaiian and hapa haole songs about Kauai. Learn to pronounce the Hawaiian words and the story behind each song in keeping with Hawaiian oral history traditions. Follow along as you look up at the screen where the words and ukulele chords are projected in large letters to make it easy to read.
Here’s our song list with unique Ukulele Mele strum:
- Maikai Kauai – Hum Ding-Ah Strum
- Beautiful Kauai – Swing Strum
- Aloha Kauai – I Wanna Rest Strum
- Hula o Makee – Olapa Strum
- Hanalei Moon – I Wanna Rest Strum
- Hanohano Hanalei – Hum Ding-Ah Strum
- Pupu O Niihau – Swing Strum (for the nearby island)
- Hawaii Aloha – Morse Code Strum
We hope to inspire adults of all ages to have fun playing your ukulele the Ukulele Mele Way with lessons. Choose how you want to learn today!
- Visit the free online Fan Club to listen to audio recordings of songs you can learn to play to Ukulele Mele Way with private lessons on Maui or via webcam.
- Select from 40 Single Song Purchases to download to your digital device to learn to play and get the song sheet, video lesson, audio recording, and video story behind the song.
- Buy a packaged song set with book/DVD/CD to match your musical abilities and interests.
Stay tuned for next month’s Sing-Along with Mele Fong series on Flower and Lei Songs of Hawaii in celebration of May Day. Learn more about my class schedule at Kaunoa Senior Center.
Aloha, Mele Fong aka Ukulele Mele